Most Americans accept stress as a normal part of daily life, yet stress can have deadly consequences for both health and quality of life. Of course, a little intermittent stress is normal and even healthy. It can provide motivation and boost performance.
However, ongoing stress that never lets up puts your body in a perpetual flight or fight state, altering your body chemistry in ways that can cause serious health problems.
Some health issues associated with chronic stress include:
- Heart disease
- Digestive problems
- Cognitive problems
- Premature aging
Six Stress-Busting Strategies You Can Put in Motion Now
- Exercise: If you do nothing else, adding exercise to your daily routine is the single most important thing you can do to manage stress. Regular exercise reduces inflammation, improves sleep, and restores your body chemistry to a balanced state. A minimum of 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise is recommended daily.
- Meditate: This is harder than exercise for most Americans, yet taking a few minutes daily to meditate can help relieve stress and restore balance to your body chemistry. Simply sit quietly, away from distractions. Close your eyes and focus on breathing in and out through your nose. Follow the air as it fills your lungs. Notice your diaphragm rising and falling in rhythm with your breath. If your mind wanders, simply redirect it to your breathing. Begin with two or three minutes, and gradually extend your meditation sessions. Regular daily practice will enable you to increase your meditation time.
- Go Outdoors: Spending time in nature rapidly reduces stress and enables you to reset your body and mind. Exposure to sunshine and fresh air promotes healthy bones and skin, and supports your immune system. Combine your outdoor excursion with meditation, earthing and exercise to get even greater benefits.
- Earthing: The earth holds it own natural electrical charge or frequency, and your body relies on electrical energy for neural and cellular communication. Rubber soled shoes act as a barrier to the Earth’s energy, and we no longer sleep on the ground as humans have done throughout history. We live and work above ground, rarely coming in direct contact with the earth. When you walk barefoot on the grass or sand, you sync your body’s frequency with that of the earth, restoring balance and reducing stress. Combine earthing with exercise, meditation and nature to get the most from your grounding session.
- Sleep: Getting adequate productive sleep is essential to health and wellbeing, yet technology and poor sleep hygiene keep us from getting enough. When the damage you do during the day exceeds the amount of sleep necessary to repair it, you set yourself on a downward trajectory toward stress, aging and poor health. As you sleep, your body is able to repair and rebalance itself. Exercise, fresh air and cryotherapy help promote deep restorative sleep.
- Nutrition: Fast and processed foods have made us a nation of nutritionally deprived people. Vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids are necessary for a healthy balanced metabolism and immune support. The B-Vitamins in particular are essential for stress management. Build your diet around fresh whole fruits and vegetables, healthy fats and humanely raised protein products. Steer clear of grains, sugars and artificial food additives. And be sure to drink plenty of plain filtered water.
Relieve Stress at Advanced Cryo NYC
Nutritional balance is foundational to good health, yet getting all the nutrients you need from food can be a challenge. Even if you take oral supplements, they often pass through your digestive tract without being absorbed.
Micronutrient anti-stress vitamin IV cocktail is a safe and effective way to get the nutrients your body craves without having to eat large amounts of food or take expensive supplements.
Relax in our spa-like clinic while potent vitamins, minerals and enzymes are slowly infused directly into your bloodstream and delivered to cells throughout your body. Whole Body Cryotherapy, also available at Advanced Cryo NYC, reduces stress by promoting endorphin production and lowering stress hormone levels.
While visiting Advanced Cryo NYC, conveniently located in historic SoHo, ask about our unique and growing menu of treatments and therapies, all designed to support a happy, healthy lifestyle.