If you find yourself looking and feeling old and tired, you may be suffering from low levels of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), a coenzyme found in all living cells. NAD+ plays an important role in the conversion of dietary fats and carbohydrates into the energy molecule ATP.
However, emerging research is discovering important functions of NAD+ in other vital metabolic processes besides energy production, including:
- Supporting mitochondria, the energy powerhouses of your cells responsible for physical and mental energy
- Promoting sirtuin gene activation to slow aging
- Enhancing brain health and cognitive function
- Increasing insulin sensitivity to regulate blood sugar levels
- Repairing DNA to prevent cellular mutation and degeneration
NAD+ also helps to synchronize your mitochondrial function with your circadian rhythms, your body’s sleeping and waking cycles. This promotes improved energy during the day and more productive sleep at night.
The Effects of Aging on NAD+ Levels
As you age, your body produces less NAD+, reducing energy production, mitochondrial function and DNA repair. As a consequence you begin to experience and see accelerated physical signs of aging including systemic inflammation, increased fat storage, reduced muscle mass and mental and physical fatigue.
There are several things you can do to increase your NAD+ levels to help slow the signs of aging, including:
- Fasting and carbohydrate restriction, resulting in higher levels of NAD+
- Interval training and aerobic exercise to generate more NAD+
- Eating fermented foods like sauerkraut and beverages like kombucha, which contain NAD+
- Supplementing with Vitamin B3 and other nutrients that support the production NAD+
However, while fasting, exercise, foods and supplements may help increase your NAD+ levels, there is no guarantee that those activities will have a significant anti-aging effect. For many people, sticking to a regular exercise routine and maintaining a calorie-restricted diet are difficult at best.
Supplements taken orally are often ineffective because they must be absorbed in your digestive tract and processed in your liver before entering your circulatory system and making their way to your cells. In fact, supplements are often only partially absorbed, and some may even pass right through your digestive system completely intact.
The Best Way to Boost NAD+ Levels
To boost NAD+ levels and ensure you have an ample supply to elicit an anti-aging effect, IV infusion therapy may be your best bet. IV therapy slowly drips NAD+ directly into your blood stream, bypassing your digestive tract and delivering this powerful coenzyme directly to your cells.
When used in combination with moderate exercise and sensible eating, NAD+ can help you fight the effects of aging and improve your overall health. Benefits include:
- Reduced abdominal obesity
- Increased energy levels
- More productive sleep
- Healthier muscle cells
- Increased memory and cognitive function
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved cellular DNA repair
- Reduced risk of metabolic disease and cancer
Anti-aging NAD+ Infusion Therapy in NYC
You don’t have to accept the negative effects of aging like fatigue, sluggishness and weight gain. Fight back against aging with NAD+ therapy at Advanced Cryo NYC. Our helpful clinicians will set up your NAD+ IV as you relax in our spa-like SoHo clinic.
Sit back and read, listen to music, surf the internet or even nap while NAD+ is slowly infused, drip-by-drip. During your visit, be sure to ask about our amazing menu of other anti-aging and wellness therapies for youthfulness, health and beauty.