If you find yourself feeling fatigued, moody and just plain frazzled, you may have a vitamin deficiency. Today’s busy stressful lifestyles can quickly deplete essential micronutrients like vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Ongoing vitamin deficiency lasting months on end can ultimately lead to accelerated aging and metabolic disease.
One nutrient in particular that is commonly deficient is Vitamin B12. Often referred to as the “energy vitamin,” B-12 plays a role in a number of important functions throughout your body:
- Promotes healthy cells and nerves
- Helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells
- Helps prevent anemia that makes you feel tired and weak.
B12 is not found in plant-based food sources, which is one reason why deficiency is common. People on vegetarian, vegan or restricted calorie diets are at higher risk for B12 deficiency. Common dietary sources are animal products like meat, fish and egg yolks. Grass-fed beef liver is an especially good source of B12.
Benefits of B12 Injections
If eating more meat just does not seem feasible, or even advisable, B12 injections may provide a convenient and effective way to boost your B12 levels. Regular B12 injections can help you manage stress and maintain good health.
Some important benefits of B12 injections include:
- Supports energy production and fights fatigue: B12 supports energy production within your cells by contributing to cellular health. It also contributes to healthy red blood cells for improved oxygen circulation.
- Protects your heart and arteries: B12 reduces circulating levels of homocysteine, a compound linked to increased risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Promotes healthy cells in skin, hair and nails: B12 reduces dry skin and acne, and promotes healthy skin. It also promotes strong shiny hair and strong nails.
- Protects the myelin sheath that covers nerve cells: Without a strong myelin sheath, nerves are exposed and get damaged, and may even die. Dead nerves disrupt signals to and from the brain, interfering with physical and mental performance.
- Improves your mood and fights depression: B12 helps with the production of serotonin to regulate your mood.
- Protects brain cells and prevents dementia: B12 protects your brain cells n the same way it helps protect nerve cells, protecting the myelin sheaths of brain cells that are often lacking in dementia patients.
- Supports DNA to keep you looking and feeling young: Your cells age faster from wear and tear when your DNA fails to replicate correctly. Free radicals, toxins, high blood sugar, and high levels of dietary omega-6 fats can all interfere with DNA. B-12 supports DNA health, keeping your cells younger, so you look and feel younger.
B12 Injections in NYC
If you are feeling run down and out of sorts, a B12 injection may help turn things around. At Advanced Cryo NYC, we provide B12 shots and micronutrient IV therapy to help keep you balanced, energetic and focused. Contact us today, and get back to feeling great with a B12 injection.
Schedule an Appointment Today