Most people know to load up on Vitamin C during cold and flu season to boost immunity and ward off sickness. But did you know that Vitamin C plays a number of essential roles year-round to keep you looking and feeling your best? In fact, Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients for skin health and beauty.
Here are just some of the benefits of Vitamin C for healthy glowing skin:
- Photo-protection: Vitamin C protects your skin from damage during UV light exposure. Unlike a sunscreen that places a protective barrier on your skin, Vitamin C works from within, acting as an antioxidant to protect cells from UV-induced free radical damage.
- Combats UV induced photo-aging: Excessive exposure to UV light can cause oxidative damage to the protein structures of your skin, resulting in wrinkles that make you look old. Vitamin C regulates collagen production, giving your skin the structural protein it needs to stay smooth, youthful and elastic.
- Wound healing: Vitamin C plays a significant role in wound healing, including blemishes caused by acne or psoriasis. Adequate levels of Vitamin C can help your skin to heal quickly, smoothly and without scarring.
- Helps maintain skin moisture: Vitamin C promotes the formation of barrier lipids that keep moisture inside skin cells, preventing dry flaky skin.
- Protects against environmental toxins: Air and water pollution, and even the chemicals in your tap water and skin care products, can damage skin cells and lead to premature aging. Vitamin C helps protect cells from toxic damage, promoting smooth elastic youthful skin.
- Prevents dark spots and uneven skin tone: Adequate amounts of Vitamin C can prevent mutations of melanin cells that produce the dark pigment that gives you a suntan, protecting your from sun damage. Damaged melanin cells produce unsightly age spots and dark patches of skin.
It is important to remember that Vitamin C is water-soluble, meaning it cannot be stored, so you must replenish it on a regular basis. While a diet high in vegetables and fruits will help boost Vitamin C, your levels may still be inadequate to offset the effects of sun and environmental toxins. Oral supplements may help, but they often are not fully absorbed before being flushed from your body.
One way to get a potent dose of Vitamin C is with micronutrient IV therapy. By bypassing your digestive tract, your body can take advantage of every drop as it infuses slowly into your bloodstream and circulates to your cells. Regular IV therapy sessions can ensure that you get all the micronutrients your body craves, without having to consume excessive amounts of food.
Micronutrient IV Therapy in NYC
If you are ready to give your skin a healthy dose of Vitamin C, contact Advanced Cryo NYC in nearby SoHo. We feature a variety of micronutrient IV cocktails to meet your specific needs.
Our professional clinicians will set you up with your micronutrient IV cocktail, and you can then relax in our spa-like clinic while potent micronutrients drip slowly into your system. Visit Advanced Cryo NYC today, and see why we are the place to go for health, beauty and wellness in New York City.