Time marches on for all of us, and getting older is inevitable. But there are many things you can do to slow the ravages of time on your skin. After all, age is just a number, and youthful glowing skin belies your chronological age, if you make an effort to care for it.
Many factors come into play that cause your skin to show signs of aging. While we all succumb to the aging process eventually, there are many lifestyle factors that can make a huge difference in your skin’s appearance.
When it comes to dry wrinkled skin, there are sins of commission and omission, and you can avoid both by following a few simple tips:
- Get regular exercise: A growing body of research indicates that regular exercise stimulates collagen production and increases the amount of human growth hormone released by your body, keeping your skin elastic and your cells rejuvenated. Resistance training especially boosts collagen and HGH, while cardio increases blood flow, along with oxygen and nutrients, to your skin cells.
- Manage stress: Stress affects your body chemistry in negative ways that promote aging. And that frown-y face you wear when stressed can quickly cause wrinkles and become a permanent fixture over time.
- Eliminate environmental toxins: From the grooming products you use on your skin to the cleaning products you use in your home, toxic chemicals can damage your skin and cause premature aging. Stay away from chemical-laden drug store products that harm your skin and hair, and use vinegar and other natural ingredients for cleaning your home. Your skin and your health will thank you.
- Eat whole organic foods: Much like the chemicals in your cosmetics and cleaning products, processed and refined foods contain toxins that can damage your skin from the inside-out. Fresh organic fruits and vegetables and pasture-raised meat products are full of vital micronutrients that support healthy youthful skin.
- Drink plenty of water: Chronic dehydration can quickly lead to dry wrinkled skin. Drink one ounce of pure filtered water for every two pounds of body weight daily. To avoid toxic chemicals that are added to tap water, choose volcanic water.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure: While some sun is healthy for you, baking your skin for hours on end causes photo aging that cannot be reversed. Wear a hat and sunglasses outdoors, and limit sun exposure to early mornings when the sun is less direct. Avoid using sunscreens and sunblocks, which are full of toxic chemicals and cause further aging.
Avoid tobacco and alcohol: Smoking and drinking are sure ways to speed up the aging process. Smoking in particular is your skin’s worst enemy.
- Smile! A happy face shows fewer wrinkles over time. If you are miserable and grouchy, it may be time for a lifestyle makeover!
CryoFacial for Younger Skin
Aside from the lifestyle factors mentioned above, regular skin care treatments like CryoFacial can help you be young and beautiful. CryoFacial is essentially cryotherapy for your face. Using liquid nitrogen vapor, the treatment freezes superficial skin cells, promoting the generation of new cells while eliminating toxins and impurities.
At Advanced Cryo NYC in fashionable SoHo, we feature CryoFacial along with a growing menu of other treatments and therapies to keep you looking and feeling young, healthy and beautiful. Contact Advanced Cryo NYC today, and stop premature skin aging in its tracks with CryoFacial.