Ah Summer, with its long days, brilliant sunshine and relaxed lifestyle! Too bad it can’t last. But with the season’s end come new opportunities, fun family holidays and a return to a more structured routine. And the stress that comes along with all of those changes!
Stepping up your pace after an easy-peasy summer can mean less sleep, more stress and a compromised immune system, leaving you vulnerable to illness and fatigue. Spending more time indoors with closed windows and warm stale air increases your exposure to germs and viruses. Washing your hands and avoiding contact with sick coworkers can help, but if your immune system is not functioning at its peak, you may be fighting a losing battle.
Not only do you spend more time indoors in the fall, but you may also change your eating habits, swapping out fresh produce and crisp clean salads for “comfort” foods that make you feel warm, but ultimately undermine your health and expand your waistline. With fewer nutrients and more empty calories, you are setting yourself up for fatigue, depression and weight gain, with a compromised immune system to boot!
Boost Your Immune System to Fight Infection
You may not be able to avoid the stress that comes with fall, but you can proactively take measures to reduce your risk of illness. Strategies for boosting your immune system include:
- Regular exercise: Elevating your heart rate and strengthening your muscles improves your immune function, elevates your mood, and helps you manage your weight.
- Drinking water: When the weather cools off, you may feel less inclined to drink water, and more likely to opt for hot chocolate and coffee drinks full of sugar and calories. Make a point of drinking at least 64 oz of fresh filtered water daily.
- Eating whole foods: As much as possible, try to eat fresh whole foods, and cook meals from whole ingredients to maximize nutrition.
- Take supplements: Supplementing micronutrients like vitamins and minerals can go a long way toward strengthening your immune system. In particular, antioxidant vitamins like C and E provide optimal immune support.
- Get enough sleep: With fall comes a new season of TV shows, evening events and last-minute projects that keep the midnight oil burning. Just say no, and get some sleep. Your immune system will thank you!
Micronutrient IV Therapy for Immune Support
Even with a whole foods diet and daily vitamin supplements, you may lack sufficient dietary immune support. One way to ensure you get all the micronutrients you need is micronutrient IV therapy.
Food and pills can work their way through your digestive tract without all their micronutrients being absorbed. Sometimes vitamin pills even come through completely intact! Micronutrient IV therapy delivers the nutritional support you need directly to your bloodstream, where it can immediately go to work in your cells and organs.
Optimizing micronutrients specifically known to support your immune system is a smart and proactive way to stay healthy and energetic, even with the change of seasons.
The friendly clinicians at Advanced Cryo NYC have the perfect micronutrient cocktail to meet your immune system needs. Visit our spa-like clinic in historic SoHo and relax while potent immune-boosting micronutrients are infused, increasing your energy and fighting infection. While you enjoy your visit, be sure to browse our menu of unique treatments and therapies, all geared to keeping you young, healthy and beautiful, all year round!