The ages-old practice of yoga has been around for centuries, yet it has never gone out of style. In fact, yoga is enjoying a robust and growing popularity among diverse populations, including fitness enthusiasts, seekers of spiritual truth, athletes desiring greater flexibility, business people trying to manage stress, older adults seeking improved quality of life, and just about anyone who finds yoga to be a solution for improved physical and mental wellbeing.
Balanced nutrition is foundational to any type of physical performance, and yoga practitioners are often very conscious about the types and quantities of foods they consume. In fact, many yoga practitioners choose a vegan diet for the way it makes them feel, both physically and ethically. Yet veganism and restricted caloric intake can lead to the depletion of important micronutrients and amino acids that are essential for peak performance and optimal health.
Yoga and Micronutrient IV Therapy: The Best of Both Worlds
Limiting your food intake while simultaneously pushing your body to new levels can leave you depleted and undernourished. Low energy, mental fog, poor sexual performance, disrupted sleep and depression can all result from micronutrient deficiency.
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements can help, but absorption in the digestive tract can be limited, and sometimes vitamin tablets go right through your system without ever being broken down.
Micronutrient IV therapy infuses vitamins and other essential nutrients directly into your bloodstream, where they quickly travel to your cells to support cellular function.
In conjunction with your yoga practice, micronutrient IV therapy can help to:
- Boost Energy: The B Vitamins, especially B12, are known to support energy. Because B Vitamins are found in high concentrations in animal products, vegans can easily become depleted. Infusing B Vitamins directly into your system can dramatically boost your energy levels.
- Improve Focus and Relieve Anxiety: Being able to calm your mind so you can focus on tasks and activities is one of yoga’s greatest benefits. Nutrients like B Vitamins, magnesium, calcium and Vitamin D can help relieve anxiety and promote calm and focus.
- Reduce Stress: Stress can really take a toll on your body, and can lead to hypertension, metabolic syndrome and heart disease. Yoga is extremely helpful for reducing stress through controlled breathing and focused deliberate movement. Stress can also deplete essential nutrients and raise cortisol levels, and can lead to weight gain and disrupted sleep. Optimal nutritional status goes a long way toward offsetting the negative effects of stress.
- Improve Hormonal Balance: Your body produces dozens of hormones that govern various bodily functions, including the fight or flight (stress) hormones, reproductive hormones, and numerous others that govern your metabolic processes. Physical activity and healthy nutrition support optimal hormone balance and function.
- Manage Weight: Insufficient micronutrients can affect the way your vital organs function, including your liver, the primary site of fat metabolism and other important metabolic functions. Glutathione in particular is an essential nutrient that supports optimal liver function.
Micronutrient IV Therapy in NYC
If you are a yoga lover and live in NYC, micronutrient IV therapy can be found just moments away at Advanced Cryo NYC in historic and trendy SoHo. Visit our spa-like clinic and allow our skilled technicians to guide you in choosing the Micronutrient Cocktail that is right for you. Then sit back and relax while vital nutrients are infused into your bloodstream. During your visit, be sure to ask about Advanced Cryo NYC’s unique menu of treatments and therapies, all geared to help you stay young, healthy and beautiful.