Diet season is here after the indulgences of the holidays, and dozens of weight loss programs are competing to divest you of your dollars, promising rapid weight loss and a jaw-dropping physique. While some weight loss plans are based on sound nutrition and science, others are founded on unhealthy principles and pseudo-science. But the truth is, you can lose weight on your own, without investing in a costly fad diet plan.
At the end of the day, weight loss boils down to taking in less energy than you expend to create a deficit, forcing your body to burn fat. However, in the process of cutting back on calories, it is important to get all the nutrients you need to support healthy weight loss. Vitamins and minerals do not produce energy, but rather support the metabolic systems that help your body convert fat to energy.
Important nutrients that support fat metabolism include:
- B Complex Vitamins, particularly Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and cobalamin (B12), are essential for energy production which leads to weight loss.
- Vitamin C facilitates the breakdown of fat molecules by donating an electron to the reductase enzyme, promoting fat metabolism.
- Vitamins D and A, which are both fat soluble, help to support immune function and promote energy metabolism.
- Calcium is an important mineral used in many metabolic processes, including the production of ATP, the body’s source of energy for muscular contraction.
- Omega 3 fatty acids found in fatty fish help support healthy arteries and energy metabolism to facilitate weight loss.
Getting the Nutrients You Need for Weight Loss
While all of the above-mentioned nutrients can be found in common foods, it is difficult to simultaneously cut calories and optimize your nutritional intake. Supplements in tablet form may help, but they often pass through your digestive tract without being completely absorbed.
One sure way to optimize your nutrition for weight loss is IV micronutrient therapy. Rather than relying on your digestive system to absorb nutrients, IV therapy bypasses your GI tract by infusing potent micronutrients directly into your blood stream. From there, nutrients travel to cells throughout your body where they are put to work, supporting energy production and facilitating fat metabolism.
Nutritional Therapy in NYC
To get the best blend of micronutrients to support weight loss, ask the clinicians at Advanced Cryo NYC to help you select a micronutrient IV cocktail. Then sit back and relax in our spa-like SoHo clinic as powerful nutrients are dripped into your system.
During your visit to Advanced Cryo NYC, be sure to ask about our unique menu of therapies and treatments to support weight loss, health and beauty, and step into the New Year as a thinner, healthier version of yourself.