Americans are known globally to be workaholics, toiling away from dusk to dawn in the interest of meeting financial goals and making ends meet. Even if you enjoy your work, it is easy to overdo it to the point where you begin to feel run down, and your productivity begins to take a nosedive.
The truth is, we all need to recharge our batteries from time to time. Going non-stop without taking time out for self-care can lead to premature aging, weight gain and even life-threatening disease.
To recharge your batteries and give yourself an energy boost, try these 5 simple hacks:
- Exercise: When you feel run down, the last thing on your mind is probably exercise. Yet getting your body moving is one of the quickest and most beneficial ways to shake off lethargy and get things humming again. Moderate to vigorous exercise increases oxygen circulation to your brain and muscles, waking up tired cells and putting them to work. Ongoing regular exercise increases your physical and mental stamina, and makes you look and feel younger and more energetic.
- Pampering: Stress can be a real buzz kill, depleting your energy and altering your body chemistry in harmful ways. Working around the clock creates non-stop stress that eventually leads to chronic inflammation and metabolic disease, accelerating aging and increasing your risk of premature death. Reward your hard work with regular pampering sessions to reduce stress and stimulate feel-good hormones. A long soak in Epsom salts at the end of the day, a relaxing massage, or a pampering facial are all treats that ward off stress and fatigue, and restore energy.
- Hydration: Many people live in a state of chronic dehydration that causes fatigue and interferes with physical and mental performance. Coffee, tea and caffeinated soft drinks may give you a short-term energy boost, but they work as diuretics, making you even more dehydrated. To increase energy throughout the day, drink plenty of filtered water, plain or with fresh lemon wedges. To get a quick energy boost, consider IV hydration therapy to restore electrolytes and maximally replenish depleted fluids.
- Cryotherapy: There is nothing like exposure to cold air or water to wake up all your senses and get your blood pumping. Cryotherapy stimulates circulation, promotes deep sleep and elicits the release of endorphins, making you feel happy and energized. Regular cryotherapy sessions can promote collagen production and help clear up skin blemishes, giving you more youthful looking skin. And cryotherapy speeds up your metabolism, making you feel more energetic, and making it easier to manage your weight.
- Micronutrient IV Therapy: Stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits and poor hydration are a recipe for premature aging and exhaustion. Chronic stress coupled with a bad diet can leave you depleted of vital nutrients that support energy production and keep you healthy. A micronutrient IV therapy session can replenish depleted essential nutrients and restore your body’s chemical balance, so you can perform at your very best, day after day.
Boost Your Energy in NYC
You don’t need to go through life feeling drained and depleted. At Advanced Cryo NYC, we have solutions to boost your energy and make you feel alive again. Rehydrate and re-nourish with micronutrient IV therapy; schedule a relaxing and rejuvenating CryoFacial; or enjoy an energizing cryotherapy session in our spa-like SoHo clinic. Advanced Cryo NYC is here to meet your health and beauty needs, so you can live life to its fullest.