Losing weight is a huge challenge, especially if you are feeling sluggish and run down. You know you should exercise, but without the energy to get moving, it’s hard to stay motivated. The good news is that your lack of energy and slow metabolism may be due to a Vitamin B12 deficiency, which can easily be corrected.
The most common food sources of B12 are animal products, especially red meats, fish and egg yolks. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 is becoming increasingly common, particularly among certain populations, including:
- older adults who often have reduced B12 absorption
- people on restricted calorie or vegetarian diets
- patients on antibiotics and antacid medicines with a poor gut biome
- people who avoid eating red meat, fish and egg yolks
- pregnant and lactating women
- men with low sperm count
Symptoms of B12 deficiency include fatigue and weakness, moodiness, and poor concentration.
B12, the Amazing Energy Vitamin
Vitamin B12 is often called the energy vitamin because of its amazing ability to boost energy and elevate your mood. These remarkable effects are largely due to the important roles B12 plays in your body, including:
- Formation of red blood cells
- DNA/RNA synthesis
- Protection of cardiovascular health
- Conversion of fats and proteins
- Support of hormone production
- Nerve conduction and production of the myelin sheath that coats nerve cells
- Hemoglobin synthesis, to support oxygen transport in red blood cells
- Support of fetal development
- Hundreds of other important metabolic processes
When you are B12 deficient, your body does its best to use whatever B12 is available, but many processes are impaired.
Benefits of B12 Vitamin Boost
Injections of B12 offer a convenient solution to deficiency for busy people who don’t eat large amounts of animal protein. Because B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, your body does not store more than it needs, so scheduling regular shots is advisable.
Benefits of B12 shots include:
- Reduces depression
- Promotes healthy brain function
- Reduces fatigue
- Boosts metabolism
- Promotes weight loss
- Reduces heart disease risk
- Elevates sperm count
- Promotes healthy pregnancy and fetal development
One big advantage of B12 shots over oral supplements is absorption. Oral vitamin supplements must be broken down and absorbed in your digestive tract, which for many is an inefficient way to get B12. During the digestive process, much of a supplement’s potency is lost, and people with poor gut health may not absorb a supplement at all.
However, people taking certain medications, including diabetic prescriptions, metformin, proton pump inhibitors, antagonists and antibiotics, should consult their health care provider before getting a B12 shot, as it may interact negatively with some drugs.
B12 Shots in NYC
If you are feeling run down, having trouble losing weight, or feeling depressed, a B12 shot may be the remedy you need to boost your energy and lift your mood. Advanced Cryo NYC offers B12 shots and micronutrient cocktails to help meet your nutritional needs for health, energy and performance. Contact us today, and start feeling better, so you can lose weight, feel great, and become the best version of yourself.