Winter can take a toll on your skin, especially your face and hands. Exposure to dry cold air, wind, and drying indoor heat can leave your skin looking dull and flakey, as moisture is sapped from your pores.
However, despite the harsh winter environment, true skin health comes from within. By doing a little extra TLC during the harsh winter months, you can maintain bright glowing skin that is the envy of your friends and co-workers.
Tips for Glowing Healthy Skin
- Hydrate: Drinking water throughout the day hydrates your cells, flushes toxins and gives your skin a healthy glow. Adding fresh lemon, ginger, or cucumber boosts your liver function, helping it metabolize waste products and reducing breakouts.
- Exercise: Regular exercise improves your skin by bringing extra oxygen and nutrients to your skin cells, and carrying away waste products and toxins. Exercising outdoors in the cold has the added benefit of cryotherapy, which can greatly improve skin tone and texture.
- Moisturize: Regularly moisturizing your skin throughout the day provides a protective barrier between your skin and the environment, keeping moisture in. You may need to switch to a more serious moisturizer during winter months, when your skin tends to be dryer.
- Exfoliate: One reason your skin begins to look dull and flakey is that the superficial layers of skin cells dry out and die more quickly in winter. Use a sugar scrub or body brush to regularly exfoliate your skin and bring out the healthy glow of new cells.
- Nourish: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, especially those high in Vitamin C, will support the growth of healthy skin cells. Healthy fats from salmon, egg yolks and avocados add moisture to your skin’s matrix, keeping it elastic and firm.
IV Vitamin Therapy for Wonderful Winter Skin
Eating healthy foods and staying hydrated provide the foundation for healthy skin cells. Yet getting all the nutrients you need from your diet is a challenge, especially during the winter months when we tend to eat less fresh produce. Supplements can help, but they often do not get absorbed during the digestive process.
Micronutrient IV therapy is an excellent way to get the nutrients you need for healthy glowing skin. While you relax, high doses of quality micronutrients are infused directly into your bloodstream, where they are then carried to cells throughout your body.
This megadose of micronutrients can have a powerful impact on all your body’s systems, including your skin. Plus, micronutrient therapy can boost your immune system, making you better equipped to ward off winter colds and flu.
Micronutrient IV Therapy Service in NYC
To get your megadose of micronutrients, visit Advanced Cryo NYC in the heart of SoHo. The clinicians at Advanced Cryo will help you select the micronutrient IV cocktail that is right for you. Then relax in our spa-like clinic as potent micronutrients drip into your system, replenishing and rejuvenating your cells and vital organs. While you relax, be sure to look over our unique menu of therapies and treatments, all geared to making you look and feel young, healthy and beautiful, all year round.