Training hard is an integral part of peak sports performance and obtaining your fitness goals, but without adequate recovery, you can end up doing your body more ham than good. When you push your body to its limits, energy is generated in your cells, and some damage occurs to muscle cells and fascia. Both energy production and tissue damage yield harmful byproducts that must be eliminated from your system.
In addition to generating metabolic waste, intense physical activity causes you to sweat, depleting you of fluids and electrolytes that are vital for health and recovery. Vigorous activity can lead to depletion of B-complex and other Vitamins that are essential for nerve function, oxygen delivery and tissue repair. Restoring optimal electrolyte and vitamin levels can be a lengthy process if you rely on diet alone to replace them.
How IV Therapy Helps You Recover
If you are on a disciplined and dedicated training schedule, your recovery time is limited. One way to speed up recovery and replenish lost vitamins and minerals is micronutrient IV therapy.
An IV hydration session can:
- Replenish lost fluids
- Restore electrolytes
- Speed waste removal
- Accelerate tissue repair
- Replenish essential nutrients
IV Hydration therapy works faster than food, because electrolytes, fluids and vitamins are dripped directly into your bloodstream, where they immediately travel to where they are most needed.
Digestion can be a lengthy process, with some foods like meats taking days to fully break down. Moreover, many nutrients are not absorbed from food during digestion, and they may pass right through your system.
Best Nutrients for Recovery
Certain vitamins, minerals and enzymes play important roles in physical performance and recovery. When combined with fluids and electrolytes, they can help you get back in the game more quickly and perform at your best.
- B12 and B-complex vitamins: The B-complex vitamins are important for red blood cell formation, healthy nerve function and oxygen delivery. B12 in particular is essential for energy production and optimal sleep quality.
- Vitamin C and calcium: These nutrients help remove cellular waste, support muscle contraction and help metabolize food energy. They can help you sustain consistent performance levels throughout your event or workout.
- Electrolytes: Electrolytes help your cells to function properly by regulating the flow of water into and out of cells. Electrolytes also control nerve impulses that enable your heart, lungs and brain to function.
Benefits of IV Hydration Therapy
Many athletes rely on IV micronutrient infusions to boost energy and speed up recovery.
Benefits of regular IV therapy sessions include:
- Reduced post-exercise muscle soreness
- Increased energy
- Reduced fatigue
- Enhanced performance
- Improved sleep quality
- Accelerated recovery
IV Hydration Therapy in NYC
To speed up recovery and perform at your best, visit Advanced Cryo NYC in the heart of SoHo. We offer a variety of micronutrient IV cocktails to meet your needs for hydration, enhanced energy, and immune support.
We also offer Whole Body and Localized Cryotherapy to promote healing and reduce muscle soreness. Contact Advanced Cryo NYC today, and get the best therapies to keep yourself in the game