Whether the office holiday party has you hugging the loo, or ushering in the New Year has put you at death’s door, nobody has time for a holiday hangover. Yet most of us willingly throw caution to the wind during the holidays, quaffing down cups of holiday punch or tossing back the bubbly like it’s 1999.
Blame your holiday spirits for bad judgement, but don’t let your hangover spoil the celebration. Get instant relief with an IV hangover cocktail, and get back to holiday fun!
Why Drinking Alcohol Makes You Sick
The alcohol found in fermented beverages like beer, liquor and wine is technically called ethanol. As soon as you consume an alcoholic beverage, ethanol is absorbed via your digestive tract and enters your bloodstream, where it is quickly carried to every organ in your body, including your brain. Alcohol mingles with water throughout your body within minutes of ingestion. It has a particularly profound effect on your brain, since the brain contains a lot of water and demands an ample supply of blood to function.
Even small amounts of alcohol rapidly affect your brain, but the effect quickly wears off once you stop drinking. However, if you consume drink after drink, alcohol becomes a toxic substance — hence the term “intoxicated” — that affects systems throughout your body.
Systems affected by excess alcohol consumption include:
- Digestive System: Unlike most foods and beverages, alcohol does not need to be broken down; it is absorbed immediately into your blood stream, with about 20% absorbed in your stomach, and 80% absorbed in your small intestine.
- Circulatory System: Alcohol can reduce the efficiency of your circulatory system, interfering with oxygen and nutrient delivery throughout your body.
- Central Nervous System: Alcohol depresses your CNS, slowing down brain function and impairing neural communication between the body and the brain, making you tipsy.
- Endocrine System: Your endocrine system produces hormones that work as messengers and regulators throughout your body. Alcohol can impair endocrine secretion and interfere with hormone function.
- Vital Organs: Your liver, pancreas and kidneys are forced to work overtime to process ethanol and eliminate it from your system. Long-term alcohol abuse can permanently damage your liver.
Fortunately, your body eventually eliminates ethanol and its toxic effects from all systems, and chemical balance is restored, usually within 24 hours.
Do Traditional Hangover Remedies Work?
People have been using the same tactics for ages to try to ease hangover symptoms, but most have little or no effect.
Popular remedies include:
- Hair of the dog — drinking more alcohol seems counterintuitive, and while it may provide temporary relief, it could prolong your symptoms.
- Hyper hydration — Alcohol works as a diuretic, increasing urine production and causing dehydration. You may also experience sweating, vomiting and diarrhea as side effects of your hangover, drying you up even more. Drinking water may help alleviate some symptoms like headache, but be sure to include some electrolytes as well.
- Greasy food — A greasy breakfast of bacon and eggs contains the amino acid cysteine, which helps eliminate the toxic chemical acetaldehyde, a byproduct of alcohol metabolism. However, eating a greasy breakfast on an already queasy stomach is unlikely to make you feel much better.
- Caffeine — Having large amounts of alcohol in your system disrupts your sleep, if you managed to get any. Caffeine may give you a boost of energy to get through the day, but it probably won’t help much with other hangover symptoms.
Hangover IV Recovery Therapy
Welcome to the 21st Century, where technology meets science to offer a hangover cure that actually makes symptoms disappear. Hangover IV drip therapy infuses powerful ingredients into your blood stream, bypassing your queasy stomach to deliver fast results.
IV Hangover ingredients include:
- Fluids and electrolytes to restore metabolic balance
- Analgesics and anti-nausea medications to ease pain and discomfort
- Vitamins and minerals to repair damaged cells and boost your immune system
- Sodium bicarbonate to neutralize your body’s pH
- Amino acids to combat toxins
An IV hangover treatment takes about an hour, with noticeable results by the end of your session.
Help for Your Holiday Hangover in NYC
Whether you are planning a night on the town or making the holiday party circuit, a hangover IV after drinking the night away can be a life saver. Advanced Cryo NYC offers holiday hangover remedies to customers in Manhattan. Relax or even doze in our spa-like clinic while powerful ingredients work their magic on your hangover. Contact us today to schedule a morning-after session, and get back into the holiday spirit without holiday hangover symptoms.
Schedule an Appointment Today