Have you ever watched in envy as the model in the shampoo commercial tosses her head and her sleek shiny tresses flow across your TV screen in slow motion? You can’t help but wonder, if you used those hair care products, could your hair take on that same healthy sheen?
While it is true that good products can help maintain healthy hair, they can only do so much with the hair that grows out of your head. Unless you give your body the nutrients it needs to produce strong elastic hair, you will never have the lustrous locks you crave.
Nutrients that Nourish Healthy Hair
Hair cells are made of a tough fibrous structural protein called keratin, which also forms your fingernails and the outer layer of your skin. Each strand of hair emerges from a hair follicle on your scalp, with a hair bulb at its base. Within the hair bulb, cells are formed and begin to divide to form the hair shaft. The hair bulb is nourished by blood vessels that deliver nutrients necessary to form new hair cells.
Nutrients that contribute to healthy hair cells include:
- Amino Acids from animal sources like eggs, fish and red meat.
- Antioxidants C, E and selenium, found in fruits, berries and nuts, that guard against cell damage
- Magnesium, a mineral found in almonds and leafy green vegetables
- Silicon, a trace mineral found in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, that increases circulation to the scalp
- Zinc, a mineral found in animal protein that contributes to keratin production
- Biotin, a B-Vitamin found in egg yolks that contributes to keratin production
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids found in wild-caught cold water fish like salmon and sardines, which reduce inflammation and promote a healthy, moisturized scalp, to foster healthy hair follicles.
Sadly, most people do not eat enough healthy whole foods to get all the nutritional support needed for healthy hair. Moreover, even people who are careful to eat a nutritious diet often restrict their calories and exercise regularly, reducing nutrient intake while increasing their body’s demand for nutrients.
Getting the Nutrients Your Hair Craves
The quickest route to strong shiny hair is through nutrition. Taking supplement pills may help, but pills lose a lot of their potency during the digestive process, and the bulk of nutrients often ends up being flushed down the toilet.
Vitamin IV therapy provides a safe and effective solution for getting all the nutrients you need for healthy hair, skin and nails. During an IV therapy session, a cocktail of vitamins, minerals and amino acids designed specifically to promote keratin production is infused to your bloodstream, where it is rapidly delivered to depleted cells. Regular micronutrient therapy sessions can help meet your nutritional needs for healthy cells throughout your body.
Natural Beauty IV Therapy in NYC
If you long for healthy lustrous hair that turns heads, schedule your IV micronutrient therapy session at Advanced Cryo NYC and ask for the Natural Beauty Cocktail. Then sit back and relax in our spa-like clinic as the powerful micronutrients needed to make keratin are infused drip-by-drip. During your visit, be sure to browse our growing menu of treatments and therapies geared to support your busy active lifestyle.