Inflammation is a condition where your body holds excess water between cells, causing you to gain wait, feel bloated, and appear puffy in your face, especially around your eyes. But inflammation has a much darker side. Chronic low-grade inflammation is an immune response brought on by stress, sleep deprivation and unhealthy lifestyle habits.
If left unchecked, chronic inflammation can lead to serious health problems, including:
- Heart disease
- Insulin resistance (a precursor to diabetes)
- Arterial plaque
- Skin disorders
However, inflammation can be treated and reversed with a few important lifestyle changes.
Seven Ways to Reduce Inflammation
- Get more Vitamin D! The best way to get Vitamin D is by exposing your skin directly to sunlight. Staying indoors all the time not only promotes inflammation from being sedentary, but you deprive yourself of the amazing benefits of sun exposure. Skip the sunblock, which can be toxic, and use common sense to avoid sunburn.
- Get more Omega-3s! Omega-3 Fatty Acids are prevalent in fatty cold-water fish like salmon, tuna, anchovies and sardines. You can also find them in chia and flax seeds.
- Stop eating grains and sugar! Grains are quickly broken down into sugar in your digestive tract, and sugar is…well, sugar! Both cause you to gain unwanted body fat and both cause inflammation that leads to metabolic disease.
- Get more antioxidants! Antioxidant-rich foods keep you healthy and prevent disease by prohibiting the oxidation of toxic molecules in your body. They play an important role in reducing the risk of cancer. Antioxidant-rich foods include purple and red grapes and red wine, berries, tree nuts, citrus fruits, and dark green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach.
- Drink plain water! Pure filtered water, especially volcanic water, helps flush out toxins and reduce inflammation. Drink one ounce for every two pounds of body weight daily.
- Exercise daily: Elevating your heart rate for a minimum of 30 minutes a day promotes healthy circulation and keeps fluids from accumulating.
- Do Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC)! Subjecting your body to regular cryotherapy sessions can dramatically reduce inflammation and its symptoms. The cold air causes your blood vessels to constrict, shunting fluids and toxins away from your superficial cells, to be delivered to your kidneys and lymphatic system for elimination. Regular cryotherapy sessions will promote healthy skin and improved circulation. It will also boost your immune system to fight disease.
Cold Treatment in NYC
To enjoy whole body cryotherapy in New York City, look no further than trendy SoHo, home to Advanced Cryo NYC. We offer WBC, localized cryotherapy and CryoFacial, along with a unique menu of other therapies, all geared to keeping you looking and feeling young, healthy and beautiful. Contact Advanced Cryo NYC today, and fight back against puffiness and disease caused by inflammation.