The transition from summer to fall and then into the holidays can be a bumpy road when it comes to maintaining your beach body. A busier schedule and colder weather often mean abandoning your healthy eating practices, and before long you find yourself fueling up on whatever is fast and satisfying.
Things only escalate as the holidays approach, and your sugar and alcohol consumption goes up while your overall feeling of wellness goes down. You are eating more calories and getting less nutrition, and it shows in your skin, hair and eyes.
Time to detox!
A detox interlude in the midst of the holidays can give you a huge energy boost and put the sparkle back in your aura. Face it, you don’t want to look puffy and haggard in all those holiday pics! And no one wants to ring in the New Year looking and feeling like Father Time.
Detoxifying in 7 Simple Steps
- Drink plenty of pure filtered water (volcanic water is best)
- Add fresh organic lemon to your water to promote cleansing
- Eliminate sugar, grains and alcohol for the duration of your cleanse
- Eat mainly organic fresh vegetables as you detox
- Supplement with micronutrients that promote cleansing
- Drink kombucha or take a probiotic supplement
- Get plenty of fresh air and moderate exercise like walking
Your cleanse should last a day or longer. At least three days is recommended to allow your body time to eliminate toxins, reduce inflammation and restore optimal chemistry.
Best Micronutrients for Detox
No matter how much you pollute your body, it has mechanisms in place to clean itself up. However, they need the support of micronutrients like vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids to do their job.
Micronutrients that are especially supportive of a detox cleanse include:
- Vitamin C: This important antioxidant removes free radicals from your bloodstream, reducing inflammation and supporting healthy cells.
- Niacin (B3): Niacin helps to cleanse the blood, lymph nodes, liver, and skin of free radicals, flushing toxins out of your body.
- Magnesium: This mighty mineral binds heavy metals together and ushers them out of your body. Aluminum, lead, mercury, fluoride and nickel are all harmful toxic metals that your body does not need. They often infiltrate your body through food, tap water and cookware.
- Thiamine (B1): This water soluble vitamin is essential to detox from alcohol and sugar. It helps your body metabolize sugar and convert it to energy, and improves brain function, eliminating alcohol-induced brain fog.
- Calcium: Calcium prevents toxins from re-circulating in your body by keeping them packed together in bundles so they can be eliminated. Calcium also supports magnesium in eliminating heavy metals.
- B12: Known as the energy vitamin, B12 combats preservatives and sulfites from food and alcohol. It also gives you an energy boost to see you through your cleanse and beyond.
Getting the Micronutrients You Need
There are many ways to ingest micronutrients: through foods and beverages, through supplements in the form of pills and drops, or via IV drip. Micronutrients come from food, but since you are restricting your food consumption during your detox, you may need to supplement. However, vitamin pills are not always absorbed in your digestive tract, and they may even pass right through, completely intact.
Micronutrient IV therapy provides an effective solution for satisfying your nutritional needs during your detox. During a micronutrient therapy session, high doses of powerful micronutrients are infused directly into your bloodstream, bypassing your digestive tract. They are then carried to cells throughout your body, to be used for cleansing and repair of your vital organs.
Micronutrient IV Therapy in NYC
If you have been polluting your body and are ready to clean up your act, Advanced Cryo NYC in the heart of SoHo has a micronutrient cocktail to meet your needs. Our friendly clinicians will help you choose the right mixture of nutrients, and then set you up for your drip session in our spa-like clinic. While you relax, ask to see our unique menu of other treatments and therapies, all designed to keep you looking and feeling your best, all year round.