They say we humans use only about 10 percent of our brains, and while that statistic is open to debate, we all have days where it feels like our brains are barely working at all. Many things can contribute to fuzzy brain, including stress, lack of sleep and the side effects of medications. But perhaps the most impactful factors that interfere with mental clarity, focus and memory are nutrient deficiency and dehydration.
Your Brain Needs Some TLC
We tend to take our brains for granted, but they are busy around the clock, keeping thousands of metabolic reactions and cellular processes going simultaneously. Considering the importance of brain function for everything from hormonal responses to cellular metabolism to organ function, you would think that brain health would get a little more attention.
In addition to sleep, your brain needs fluids and nutrients to function at its best. Things like alcohol and medications can impair your brain function, and exposure to chemicals and other environmental toxins can do severe damage that may become debilitating. Limiting your brain’s exposure to harmful toxins while nourishing it with nutritious foods and adequate water are the least you can do to show your brain some love.
A Few Brain Fun Facts
We often think of the brain as a single entity, but your brain is made up of three primary regions, each of them performing unique functions:
- Cerebrum: This is the largest region of your brain, made up of right and left hemispheres. The cerebrum performs all higher cognitive functions like thinking, reasoning, speaking, hearing, feeling, learning and emotions.
- Cerebellum: Located under the cerebrum, the cerebellum is responsible for motor functions, including movement, coordination, posture and balance.
- Brainstem: The brainstem connects the cerebrum and cerebellum to the spinal cord, working as a relay center between the brain and body. It performs many involuntary functions including breathing, heartbeat, regulation of body temperature, sleep cycles, digestion, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, and swallowing.
Your brain is made up of mostly water. In order for your brain to function at its best, you need water and other nutrients to support brain health. When you become dehydrated, your mental processes are disrupted and become less efficient. You may experience fatigue, reduced mental clarity, mood swings, poor memory, and other negative effects.
How IV Therapy Promotes Brain Health
If your thinking is fuzzy and you are having trouble staying focused, you may benefit from a Brain Tonic IV cocktail.
Packed full of brain-boosting micronutrients and hydrating fluids, an IV cocktail bypasses your digestive tract and delivers nourishing goodness directly to your bloodstream.
A Brain Tonic IV cocktail is ideal when you need your brain to function at its peak:
- When you have an important meeting or presentation
- When you have an exam for school or work
- When you have been under a lot of stress
- When you are sleep deprived
- Any time you feel your brain is not performing at its potential
Brain Tonic IV Therapy in NYC
If you need to be sharp, focused and at your best, visit Advanced Cryo NYC for a Brain Tonic micronutrient cocktail.
Relax in our spa-like SoHo clinic while hydrating fluids and powerful micronutrients are infused, drip by drip. During your visit, be sure to ask about our other cutting edge therapies and treatments for health, beauty and performance, to support your healthy active lifestyle.