The practice of cryogenics has been around for centuries. It involves using cold temperatures to help speed recovery and lower muscle inflammation in the body. Most commonly, ice baths were used. Today, Cryo Facials are some of the latest treatments being performed. They utilize this principle to make the face and neck appear more youthful.
Principles Behind the Cryo Facial
A Cryo Facial is a painless treatment that does not involve chemicals or other invasive procedures. It is based on cryotherapy, or freeze therapy.
During a Cryo Facial, the face is cooled quickly with a form of liquid nitrogen. Blood vessels contract then dilate, and toxins are flushed away. Any type of therapy that utilizes cold temperatures will stimulate circulation as well. As the face is cooled, oxygen and other essential nutrients are brought to the skin’s surface. This promotes collagen production and cell regeneration, which helps to achieve a radiant appearance. Also, cryo treatments boost the body’s immune system. This improves related skin conditions. Most individuals agree that results are pleasing. Skin looks tightened and more defined than before.
Benefits of a Cryo Facial
A Cryo Facial takes only a few minutes, and results can seem immediately. Unlike other facial treatments, there are little negative reactions and no need for downtime. Although some individuals will receive a Cryo Facial once, it brings the most desired outcome through multiple applications. When a person receives a Cryo Facial, many benefits are taken.
- Restores a Radiant Glow and Firm Appearance. As your face is bathed in a liquid nitrogen vapor, your skin becomes instantly tight. Nerves temporarily begin to hibernate, so muscles begin to relax. This means that wrinkles will become less noticeable. Results bring a youthful glow to your complexion. Also, collagen production is enhanced, which slows the signs of aging.
- Evens Skin Tone. Cryo treatments help to eliminate toxins that deposit over time. This leaves your skin looking clear, radiant, and evenly colored.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects. A Cryo Facial will soothe your skin so that redness is reduced. This will help people who suffer from acne or other inflammatory conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Heightens Skin Texture. When a person has scars left behind from acne or other problems, a Cryo Facial will help fade these imperfections. A treatment will speed cellular regeneration, which gets rid of dead cells and provides a clearer complexion.
- Lowers the Size of Pores. If you suffer from blackheads, your pores may be large, which allows dirt to easily penetrate. With cryo treatments, pores become smaller. You will notice less blackheads, and your pores’ appearance will be reduced.
Are These Treatments Safe?
Since a Cryo Facial is not an invasive procedure, it is considered safe. However, it is essential to make sure that you are receiving this type of treatment from a practitioner who is fully trained. To avoid problems, pregnant women and individuals with heart issues should seek medical advice before experiencing cryotherapy.