You have probably heard about cryotherapy as a treatment for sore muscles and joints, to promote healing after an injury, or to combat skin conditions like acne and psoriasis. But did you know that cryotherapy has many health benefits that can improve your quality of life on an ongoing daily basis?
The ability of regular cryotherapy sessions to keep you on top of the world is borne out by dozens of celebrities who use cryotherapy daily to combat inflammation, reduce cellulite, improve sleep quality and look and feel their best when in the public eye.
Everyday benefits of cryotherapy include:
- Revs up your metabolism: You have no doubt seen movies where cold water is thrown on an unconscious person to revive them. Cryotherapy has the same effect, chasing away fatigue and lethargy, and speeding up your metabolism to make you feel awake and alive. And a higher metabolism means more fat-burning for energy!
- Stimulates collagen production: Cryotherapy stimulates a thickening of the collagen matrix that gives your skin firmness and elasticity, making you look younger and reducing pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves sleep quality: If you crave deep sleep, a cryotherapy session can be just the ticket to send you off to dreamland. After exposure to extreme cold, your nerves and muscles relax, inviting restorative sleep. A good night’s sleep will make you feel and perform better, mentally and physically. And remember, it’s called beauty sleep for a reason!
- Boosts your mood: Just like vigorous exercise, cryotherapy stimulates the release of endorphins, the feel-good hormones that boost your mood and dull aches and pains. You will leave your cryotherapy session feeling relaxed, energized, and ready to take on the world.
- Reduces inflammation: Chronic low-grade inflammation has been linked to a number of metabolic disorders, including heart disease, hypertension and diabetes. It also causes puffiness in your face and around your eyes. Crytherapy helps eliminate inflammation by shunting fluids away from your skin’s surface. It also changes your body chemistry from fight-or-flight to calm and in control, eliminating circulating stress hormones that cause systemic inflammation.
Everyday Cryotherapy in NYC
While it is great to know that cryotherapy is available when you have an injury or you worked out too hard, you don’t need an excuse to have regular cryotherapy sessions once or twice a week. If cryotherapy makes you look, feel and perform better, make it a part of your regular health and beauty regimen.
At Advanced Cryo NYC, we offer localized and whole body cryotherapy, along with CryoFacial to help you put your best face forward. Visit our relaxing spa-like clinic today, and be sure to ask about our other amazing therapies and treatments to keep you looking and feeling your very best.