Glutathione is an important antioxidant that your body produces from other dietary nutrients, and it is found in virtually every cell in your body. In addition to providing an array of health benefits, glutathione has a profound effect on your skin, helping to lighten and brighten it by blocking the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for suntan, freckles, and pregnancy-related dark patches.
Some health benefits of glutathione include:
- Strengthens and supports your immune system
- Reduces oxidative stress associated with aging
- Reduces systemic inflammation
- Eliminates toxins, free radicals and heavy metals
- Supports healthy liver function
- Promotes brain health and function
- Promotes healthy glowing skin
Glutathione is increasingly being sought out by people who want to even out or lighten their skin pigmentation. While oral, sublingual and injectable forms of glutathione are available, your can easily boost glutathione levels through your diet.
The following 10 glutathione foods will help increase your natural glutathione production. Serving size and recommended daily value (RDV) are included:
- Chickpeas (the main ingredient in hummus): ½ cup provides 557 mcg (more than100% of your RDV)
- Liver: 3 oz provides 221 mcg (55% RDV)
- Pinto beans: ½ cup provides 146 mcg (37% DV)
- Lentils: ½ cup provides 179 mcg (45% DV)
- Spinach: 1 cup provides 56 mcg (14% DV)
- Asparagus: ½ cup provides134 mcg (33% DV)
- Avocado: ½ cup provides 61 mcg (15% DV
- Beets: ½ cup provides 68 mcg (17% DV)
- Black eyed peas: ½ cup provides 112 mcg (28% DV)
- Broccoli: 1 cup provides 57 mcg (14% DV)
Glutathione via IV Infusion
While eating a balanced diet of healthy foods can help boost your glutathione levels, you may not get enough glutathione from food to impact melanin production. Skin lightening requires an ample surplus of glutathione, which can be difficult to get through digestive channels.
The most effective way to increase your glutathione levels is through IV infusion.
When glutathione is dripped directly into your circulatory system, it bypasses your digestive tract, ensuring total absorption. Once in your bloodstream, glutathione is rapidly dispersed to cells throughout your body, including your skin cells. Multiple IV therapy sessions may be needed to achieve the skin lightening result you desire.
Glutathione IV Therapy in NYC
To improve your overall health and lighten and brighten your skin, Advanced Cryo NYC offers glutathione IV therapy in our spa-like SoHo clinic. Let our skilled clinicians set you up with your glutathione IV cocktail, then sit back and relax while this powerful antioxidant enters your bloodstream, going to work immediately to repair, replenish and restore your cells. Your skin will take on a healthy rosy glow, reducing uneven pigmentation and growing lighter and brighter over time.
Schedule an Appointment Today