If you train hard as an athlete or you are just into working out, you know that staying hydrated is essential for peak performance. However, even if you chug water before, during and after a training session, you may still suffer from loss of electrolytes and dehydration that can lead to serious health issues.
Symptoms of exercise-related dehydration include:
- Muscle cramping
- Accelerated heart rate
- Lack of motivation
Hydration IV therapy is becoming increasingly popular among athletes, bodybuilders, CrossFit participants and hardcore fitness fanatics, helping them to recover faster from exercise and optimize performance.
How IV Vitamin Therapy Helps
There are a number of ways IV therapy can meet your hydration needs better than drinking water:
- Speeds up recovery: When you train hard day after day, it is crucial to provide your body with the elements it needs to fully recover. One way to ensure that you get all the fluids, electrolytes and essential nutrients your body needs is via IV therapy. After intense exercise, your blood is concentrated in your muscles and is diverted from your digestive tract, making it difficult to absorb fluids and nutrients. Eating or drinking right after an intense workout may even make you vomit. IV therapy bypasses your digestive tract, delivering fluids, electrolytes and nutrients directly to your bloodstream, where they are quickly dispersed to cells throughout your body.
- Offsets travel and hangover symptoms: Many athletes and fitness competitors travel frequently to games or events, and suffer from travel lag. And face it, after the competition comes the victory party! IV hydration therapy can help you quickly overcome the adverse effects of travel lag and alcohol, so you are ready to hit the gym to train for your next big event.
- Supports your immune system: Overtraining syndrome is always a threat to anyone who trains hard on a regular basis. In addition to low motivation and decreased performance, upper respiratory infections are a primary symptom of overtraining. IV hydration therapy helps to boost your immune system while addressing dehydration and nutritional deficiencies that contribute to overtraining syndrome.
Best Time to Get IV Hydration Therapy
While IV therapy can benefit you at any time, there are certain times when it can be extra beneficial:
- The day before an important game or event
- Immediately after an intense game or event
- When training or performing in hot humid climate
- When traveling extensively
- The day after a celebration
- When you feel your performance is declining
- When you want a competitive edge
- If you are experiencing symptoms of dehydration
IV Hydration Therapy in NYC
To maximize your fluids and electrolytes for peak performance, visit Advanced Cryo NYC for an IV Hydration cocktail. Relax and rehydrate in our spa-like clinic as you replenish fluids, nutrients and electrolytes drip by drip. For an extra recovery boost, enjoy a whole body or localized cryotherapy session to reduce pain and inflammation and promote muscle recovery, so you can get back in the game and perform at your peak.