If you have acid reflux, clinically known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), you may be taking acid-suppressing medications commonly prescribed for the condition, like
- proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) including Nexium,
- Prilosec, Protonix, and Prevacid,
- or histamine receptor blockers (H2Bs) like Zantac.
However, while those drugs treat the symptoms of GERDS by reducing your production of stomach acid, they do not get to the root cause, which is an imbalanced gut biome. Basically, when your gut is out of whack, it does not digest food or absorb nutrients effectively, leaving you nutrient deficient. A healthy diet of raw, organic, prebiotic-rich foods can encourage the growth of gut microbiota to restore balance.
How Acid Reducers Affect Gut Health
The problem with antacids is that they neutralize stomach acid for short-term relief of symptoms, but they can make your digestive issues worse over the long run. As your stomach’s pH increases after taking antacids, your ability to absorb nutrients becomes even more impaired, including the absorption of key nutrients like
- iron and B12.
In addition to impaired nutrient absorption, other negative effects of antacid drugs include:
- Greater risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis due to poor calcium absorption
- Increased risk of yeast overgrowth, causing chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain, mental fog, abdominal discomfort, and skin rashes
- Increased risk of intestinal infections from food bacteria
- Suppressed immune function and increased risk of upper respiratory infections
- More severe hangover symptoms from reduced absorption of hangover cure ingredients
Restore Nutritional Balance and Fight Hangovers with IV Therapy
An amazing new way to get all the nutrients you need and stave off the effects of too much alcohol is micronutrient IV therapy. IV therapy completely bypasses your digestive tract, delivering essential nutrients and soothing medications directly to your bloodstream.
Whether you want to boost essential nutrients while your gut biome heals, or you need to counter the effects of a night on the town, IV therapy is a safe, minimally invasive way to meet your body’s demands for fluids, antioxidants, electrolytes and essential nutrients.
Hangover Cure in NYC
If nightlife in New York has left you with a whopper hangover, call Advanced Cryo NYC in historic SoHo. We offer a range of micronutrient IV cocktails, including a hangover cure cocktail, to meet your needs. Relax in our spa-like clinic as powerful micronutrients are infused, making you feel better, drip by drip. While you visit, ask about cryotherapy and other menu items designed to make you look and feel great.