For many of us, successful living in the 21st Century means non-stop peak performance in every area of life. Yet if we were to tune in to Mother Nature, she would tell us that winter is the time of year to slow down, rest and recharge, so we can be at our very best when the days grow longer.
Staying healthy during winter seems almost impossible, with everyone confined indoors, subjected to drying heat that leaves us vulnerable to pathogens, and less exposure to sunlight. Yet you can choose to boost your immune system and avoid winter colds and flu by following a few simple strategies.
- Go outdoors! Even if it’s a bit nippy, fresh air and sunshine are both health boosters that ward off infection. To stay warm, take up a winter sport like skating, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. You will absolutely glow with good health!
- Turn down your thermostat and get moving! Indoor heat dries out your mucus membranes and makes you more vulnerable to infections. Rather than sitting snuggled by the heater, get up and move around to raise your core body temperature. Cooler air helps you sleep better too!
- Get more sleep! Tap into your body’s circadian rhythms and go to bed early, when it gets dark. Turn off the electronics, and snuggle under a cozy quilt for a long winter’s nap. Sleep is the ultimate healer and immune booster.
- Stay hydrated! We tend to drink more water when it’s hot outside, but winter’s dry air is dehydrating. Try herbal teas and hot lemon water if cold water doesn’t strike your fancy.
- Eat more veggies! It’s easy to grab a cold salad on a hot summer day, but we tend to skimp on fresh produce in colder months. This is a great time to experiment in the kitchen with hot winter stews and soups. Your body will thank you for the extra micronutrients.
- Boost your immune system with a micronutrient cocktail! A mix of potent micronutrients infused directly into your bloodstream can be a lifesaver in cold gloomy weather. Your energy will soar, and the cells throughout your body will zing with vibrant health.
- Fight inflammation and infection with Whole Body Cryotherapy! Stepping naked into a subzero cryochamber may seem like a crazy idea in the middle of winter, but it will give your skin, muscles and immune system a boost and chase away the winter blues.
Winter Health and Beauty Treatments in NYC
To stay healthy and beautiful all winter long, visit Advanced Cryo NYC in the heart of SoHo. We have a unique menu of therapies and treatments to help you look and feel your best.
Whether you choose a cryotherapy session, a micronutrient cocktail, or both, you’ll enjoy relaxing in our spa-like clinic. And if you’re stumped for gift ideas, an Advanced Cryo gift certificate makes the perfect stocking stuffer for friends, family and coworkers.