It is no secret that you can’t stay healthy without water — the old maxim of 8 glasses per day has been touted for decades! But in truth, most people don’t drink as much water as they should, which may account for many health issues suffered by Americans, including obesity and poor brain health.
Just think about your poor house plants when you forget to water them. They look sad and wilted, and begin to turn yellow, then brown, and they may even die!
When you don’t stay hydrated, you set yourself up for a number of negative consequences, including:
- Chronic fatigue
- Foggy brain
- Low energy
- Poor sleep
- Saggy puffy skin
- Limp hair
- Weak nails
- Trouble losing weight
- Muscle weakness
- Metabolic disease
- UTIs and kidney infections
- Wrinkles and premature aging
Clearly, failure to stay hydrated is a recipe for poor health and an undesirable appearance.
Tips for Staying Hydrated
If you find yourself struggling to stay hydrated, here are some strategies that can help:
- Measure your 8 glasses in the morning, and keep them in a bottle at your workspace. Vow to drain the bottle by the end of each day.
- Set your phone alarm to alert you at 8 intervals throughout the day. Drink a cup of water each time your alarm sounds.
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, and have one with every meal or snack throughout the day.
- Drink a glass of water after every alcoholic beverage or cup of coffee you consume.
Advantages of IV Therapy
Even with a hydration plan in place, it is still easy to get dehydrated. That’s where IV hydration therapy comes in.
During an IV hydration therapy session, fluids, electrolytes and nutrients and slowly infused, drip by drip, into your bloodstream. From there, they are carried to cells throughout your body, bypassing your digestive tract for maximum absorption.
Following are 7 advantages of IV Hydration Therapy:
- Rapid absorption: Digestion slows down absorption, but IV therapy bypasses your digestive system, quickly delivering fluids and nutrients directly to your bloodstream.
- Reduced digestive stress: Drinking lots of water can make you feel bloated because it takes time to be absorbed. IV infusion solves that problem, eliminating bloating and discomfort.
- Convenience: IV therapy is relaxing and easy. You can even nap during your therapy session!
- Improved joint and muscle function: Dehydrated joints and muscles don’t work well, causing aches and pains, and reducing physical performance.
- Better brain function: Your brain and nervous system rely on water and electrolytes to do their jobs.
- Detoxification: Hydration makes it possible for your body to flush out toxins and waste products, making room for essential nutrients and enhancing oxygen delivery to your cells.
- Enhanced beauty: Your skin looks firm and radiant when it is well hydrated, and skin conditions like acne are diminished.
IV Hydration Therapy in NYC
If you are feeling sluggish, weak and generally unhealthy, you may be dehydrated. The professional clinicians at Advanced Cryo NYC can help restore optimal hydration, electrolytes and nutrient levels with a micronutrient IV cocktail.
Relax in our spa-like SoHo clinic as fluids and nutrients are infused, drip-by-drip, restoring your energy and boosting your health. While you visit, check out our growing menu of therapies and treatments to help you look and feel young, healthy and beautiful.