You are no doubt familiar with IV therapy, often administered during illness or after surgery. Medical professionals use it routinely to optimize hydration and deliver medications. However, IV therapy has benefits that go beyond medical treatment. Recently, IV drip therapy has been growing in popularity as a quick and efficient way to deliver essential micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
5 Advantages of Micronutrient IV Drip Therapy
- Guaranteed absorption: Many people take oral vitamin/mineral supplements, just to make sure they get all the nutrients that may be missing from their diets. However, oral supplements often do not get fully broken down or absorbed. For absorption to occur, pills must dissolve and disintegrate in your stomach. In a recent study of 49 popular multivitamins, researchers found that 25 of them—51%—did not dissolve and therefore could not be absorbed. With micronutrient IV therapy, micronutrients bypass the digestive tract and directly enter your bloodstream, guaranteeing full absorption.
- No need to swallow bulky pills: One reason many people do not take multivitamins is that they find large pills difficult to swallow. While the problem is partially psychological (most people can swallow much larger chunks of food), it is still a deterrent in the minds of those who find it distasteful. With IV therapy, you do not need to worry about choking down a bulky multivitamin pill.
- Fewer side effects: Multivitamins often leave an unpleasant aftertaste, and can cause an upset stomach. Individuals with heartburn, IBS or other digestive disorders often experience uncomfortable side effects from vitamin pills. Meeting your micronutrient needs through IV therapy eliminates the digestive issues that often arise with pills.
- More potent doses: Certain vitamins require a high concentration in order to have a beneficial effect on your body. Sufficiently high concentrations are difficult to meet through oral vitamin supplements. A substantial percentage of micronutrients from pills is excreted, with only a small portion actually being absorbed. Micronutrient IV drip therapy infuses vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream, making it easier to achieve a dose high enough to be effective.
- Fewer artificial ingredients: Vitamin pills often contain ingredients other than nutrients. Some pills have a waxy coating to keep moisture out and prolong shelf life. Many pills contain agents to help ingredients stick together, or to add bulk to create a standard size. Some ingredients help pills flow more smoothly through the manufacturers’ machinery. And many pills have added sugar or artificial sweeteners to enhance flavor. The same ingredients meant to protect the product during manufacturing and shipping, and to prolong shelf life, can also keep them from being broken down and absorbed. Micronutrient IV therapy provides nutrients suspended in saline solution, similar to how you would receive medications via IV, without the need for excess artificial ingredients.
Micronutrient IV Therapy in NYC
If you want to maximize your nutritional status without overeating or taking bulky pills, IV therapy may be your best option. At Advanced Cryo NYC, you can relax in our spa-like SoHo clinic as our skilled clinicians hook up your IV cocktail. Then just sit back and chill while potent micronutrients are infused, drip by drip. During your visit, be sure to ask about our growing menu of other treatments and therapies, all designed to help you stay young, healthy and beautiful.